My guest this week has been noodling with music for as long as he’s wielded words. When he needs a break from the keyboard, he picks up a guitar and plucks a string. He describes his novel as ‘the story of a guy who grows up on line’, a world in which music is an essential part of the landscape, haunting the scenes as they come to life on the page. He first released it as a serial, which means he and I have something in common – indeed he sent me an email that prompted a recent post over on the Purple Blog. He is Michael Stutz, and he’ll be here on Wednesday talking about the Undercover Soundtrack to Circuits of the Wind.
- Roz’s blog
- THE NOVEL
- Who’s Roz?
- 'Constant murmur of pouring rain, piano chords and a stormy sea'
- 'A spellbindingly good yarn'
- 'Simple, beautiful - gripping'
- 'So original it's in a class of its own'
Kobo featured book, London Book Fair 2013
Seal of Excellence for Outstanding Independent Fiction, Awesome Indies 2013
Underground Book Reviews Top Summer Read 2012
League of Extraordinary Authors Top 10 Indie Elite 2012
Multi-Story Pick of the Month March and October 2012
Alliance of Independent Authors Book of the Month, January 2013
- Carol is a concert pianist until an injury threatens her career. Desperate for a cure she discovers her future incarnation - or is he a psychological figment? And can he help her recover?
Email merozmorriswriter at gmail dot com
- All content copyright Roz Morris 2011, 2012, 2013. Nothing may be reproduced without my express permission in writing beforehand. Photography: Bonnie Schupp Photography, gcg2009 and Roz Morris
- I just love the description of this tweep - @NightValeRadio 'Turn on your radio and hide.' 7 hours ago
- @hughhowey Good point, I guess it helps to have got each book to that phase before the drafting starts! (Answering after several hours..) 7 hours ago
- Thanks, Natalie RT @Nathalie_Lenoir: From ‘To do’ to ‘Done’ - confessions of an organised author wp.me/p10lUA-11i 1 hour ago
- In case you missed: No Pinterest, G+, blog, Twitter (eek). Just guest blogs and FB: how Linda Gillard sells fiction ow.ly/rBknv 1 hour ago
Find me here too
What is The Undercover Soundtrack?Sleeve notes here
For the soundtrack of My Memories of a Future Life, you'll need Chopin's Sonata in B Minor, Rachmaninov preludes, lashings of Grieg's piano concerto in A minor and The Clash's Rock the Kasbah (they go together well).
You'll also need Samuel Barber's Dover Beach on piano, although that doesn't actually exist so do the best you can.
And the novel's undercover pieces. You can find them here
- What's on their soundtracks? Zip down to the footer and you can search by artiste or composer. See who shares your taste in writing music
Find something unforgettable
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'My Memories of a Future Life is a poignant story steeped with melancholy, edged with a desperate hope, and twisted throughout with darkness and humor'
- 'Some of the sharpest writing I've read in a long while'
- 'The feel of a modern-day witch trial with a tense romance'
- 'Clever when you think about it afterwards; haunting and engrossing while you're reading'