- ‘Music: the language of souls’ – The Undercover Soundtrack
- Carol’s black dress – deleted scene
- I swear I made you up – apology to Vellanoweth
- It’s not real but it’s true – at The Other Side of the Story
- Leading characters to freedom – at For Books’ Sake
- Novels tell the deepest truth
- Rejections, stories from real life and … stories – at Hampton Reviews
- Serialising my novel helped me raise my game – at Tuesday Serial
- Shaking off the ghost – writing as me: at Jessica Bell’s
- Should you serialise your novel on Kindle? at Jane Friedman’s blog
- The A303: a storyteller’s road
- The making of a novel
- Underwater futures – at Underground Book Reviews
- Visions of the future – at Potomac Review
- Writer behind the mask – what’s in a name?
- Writing a blurb for a rather ‘difficult’ book – at Jami Gold’s
- Roz’s blog
- THE NOVEL
- Who’s Roz?
- The Undercover Soundtrack is a series where writers - and occasionally other arty folk - reveal how music shapes their work.
- It began as a companion to my first novel, My Memories of a Future Life, and now thrives as a creative salon in its own right. Pull on your headphones and join us.
- If you're curious about the novel that started it all, click the image below.
Kobo featured book, London Book Fair 2013
Seal of Excellence for Outstanding Independent Fiction, Awesome Indies 2013
Underground Book Reviews Top Summer Read 2012
League of Extraordinary Authors Top 10 Indie Elite 2012
Multi-Story Pick of the Month March and October 2012
Alliance of Independent Authors Book of the Month, January 2013
Email merozmorriswriter at gmail dot com
- All content copyright Roz Morris 2011-2021. Nothing may be reproduced without my express permission in writing beforehand. Photography: Bonnie Schupp Photography, gcg2009 and Roz Morris
What is The Undercover Soundtrack?Sleeve notes here
For the soundtrack of My Memories of a Future Life, you'll need Chopin's Sonata in B Minor, Rachmaninov preludes, lashings of Grieg's piano concerto in A minor and The Clash's Rock the Kasbah (they go together well).
You'll also need Samuel Barber's Dover Beach on piano, although that doesn't actually exist so do the best you can.
And the novel's undercover pieces. You can find them here
- What's on their soundtracks? Zip down to the footer and you can search by artiste or composer. See who shares your taste in inspirational music
Find something unforgettable
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'My Memories of a Future Life is a poignant story steeped with melancholy, edged with a desperate hope, and twisted throughout with darkness and humor'
- 'Some of the sharpest writing I've read in a long while'
- 'The feel of a modern-day witch trial with a tense romance'
- 'Clever when you think about it afterwards; haunting and engrossing while you're reading'